The iPhone X series use the OLED technology on the screen which enables incredible viewing experience. However, with extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. Expecting behaviors include “brightness decay”, “image persistence” or “color cast”. the “screen burn in” that has been widely criticized by many users is derived from “image persistence”.
The long-time display at high brightness and the fixed display of the same picture will accelerate aging and decay of the OLED screen, causing the problem of “screen burn in”. This is a common problem on mobile phones applied OLED technology not only for iPhone X series. Aging of OLED displays is an irreversible process, but attention to be paid in the daily use can slow down the aging process. Here are some tips you can take for your daily using.
• Try to avoid the OLED screen phone from displaying at maximum brightness. Turn on the “Auto Brightness”, and it is best to consciously turn down the brightness when you are not in need of high brightness display.
• Keep the system updated to the latest version, because operation system has protection schemes for the OLED screen, like anti-burn-in program. And the upcoming updates will continuously optimize the programs to reduce the effects of display burn in.
• Change the wallpaper at a certain frequency or use live wallpaper to avoid displaying the same content for a long time.
• Play videos in full screen mode to avoid the status bar and the static content displaying the for a long time.
• Choosing a shorter Auto-lock time is recommended. And always remember to turn off the display when you aren’t using it.
As mentioned above, “screen burn in” is an irreversible process for OLED screens. In general, the initial phenomenon of burn-in can be hardly noticed, the notable visual changes will happen after two or three more years of using. If the changes are notable enough to affect your view experience, the situation can only be solved by replace the screen.
Remove the row
iPhone X OEM OLED Screen
iPhone X CMR Rigid OLED Screen
iPhone X CMR TFT LCD Screen